The periodic table is the tabular representation of different chemical elements that are discovered or could be synthesized. These elements are arranged following their atomic number. The elements having similar properties are placed in the relevant blocks of the table. With the improvements in science and technology, newly discovered elements were placed in the periodic table. Australian students are taught about the periodic table concepts in their academic curriculum. For assistance, they seek Online assignment help Australia.
Periodic Law comprises different elements and features according to which different elements are arranged. Students often seek the assistance of assignment help experts while completing academic projects related to the periodic Law. Here are some of the factors according to which the elements are arranged:
is the distance between the atomic nuclei and the atom’s outermost electron. With the increase in the number of electrons, the atomic radius tends to shrink because of the attraction caused due to nuclear force.
It is defined as the minimum energy required to move an electron from the mole of the atom. An atom has different levels of ionization energy for different types of electrons. The ionization energy of the electrons increases as we go down the group in the periodic table
The affinity of the electron:
It is defined as the energy released when an electron is added to it. It is also defined as the energy required to release an anion.
It is the ability of an atom to pair different types of electrons in a chemical bond. It is defined as the difference in electronegativity between different elements involved. Electronegativity increases as we move from left to right in the periodic table.
It is defined as the number of electrons in the outermost shell of the atomic elements. The valence electrons in the atom increase when they move from left to right.
It is the collective measurement of the combining capacity of the element. The valency of the element firstly increases and then decreases in a periodic table group
Different types of elements
Using assignments help in Australia, students can learn about the various factors of the periodic table. The elements of the periodic table are classified into the following:
Alkali metals: The elements that lie in the periodic table’s s block are called alkali metals. These elements have their outmost electron in the S orbital
- Alkaline earth metals: They are the elements in which the outer s orbital is full
- Lanthanides: They are the f block elements which are electrons in the outermost f shell
- Actinides: They are metallic elements from atomic number 89 to 113
- Transition metals: These elements have a partially filled d shell
- Metalloids: These elements have properties of both metal and nonmetals
- Other: These comprise metals that are placed between metal and nonmetal
- Halogens: These elements react with acid and produce a wide range of salts.
- Noble gases: These are comprised of inert gasses which do not react with any element
- Other nonmetals: It comprises nonmetallic elements which are adjacent to the halogen group
Many organizations claim to provide the best assignment help in australia. These organizations comprise assignment assistance services that ensure students get sufficient help for their projects. Many students have availed of cheap Assignment Help and have gained fruitful results for their projects.