When you switch to multi-user mode in QuickBooks, the error H202 is displayed. This error means that the server is unable to communicate. This means that the QBW server is not available for storage. This blocks the user’s access to company files stored on their workstation.
What’s QuickBooks Error H202?
Multi-user mode allows for the connection between workstations and servers. The QuickBooks error code H202 is displayed if the connection fails. This error is also known as a multi-user switching error.
This error occurs when you open a QuickBooks file in multi-user environments. The server connects with other workstations in the same network. The network is used by the workstations to access the file on the server. The error can occur for many reasons. These errors are described in the following section:
Factors Responsible for QuickBooks Error Code HTML202
The QuickBooks error H202 can be caused by several factors. Like:-
- An inappropriate configuration of the DNS setting.
- QuickBooksDBXXX and QBCFMonitor do not run.
- The firewall prevents QB data exchange
- Corrupted.nd file
- The QuickBooks database server manager is having some issues
- QuickBooks desktop hasn’t saved the IP address for the host or server.
- Hosting is not recommended
Signs of Quickbooks Error HTML202
- It is impossible to switch to multi-user mode.
- It is impossible for a company file to be opened on another computer.
- You will see the QuickBooks error message H202 on your computer’s screen.
- QuickBooks has become slow and will sometimes freeze or stop after you use it for a few seconds.
- Your windows computer is getting slow.
The solution to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
After reviewing the complete list of solutions, you can go to the section below to find out more about how to fix this problem.
Solution 1. Ping your Server From a Workstation
To check the connection, the user must ping your server using a workstation. You can also ping your server from any workstation that has Error H202.
First, enable Network Discovery on Server
- Open the Server and Workstations to initiate.
- Next, open the Windows Start Menu.
- Click on the Search Panel and enter Network.
- Double-click Network and Sharing Center.
- Tap to change advanced sharing settings
- Navigate to the Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing tab.
- You must also select Turn on Network Discovery.
2nd Step: Select the Server name from Server
- Start the Server.
- Next, select the Windows Start menu.
- You can now access the Run window.
- Enter CMD there.
- Enter ipconfig/all in the CMD window.
- Hit Enter again.
- You can find the hostname by looking through the Windows IP configuration.
- The server name will be displayed on the right.
- Note down now the hostname
- You can also save them to a notepad, or word document.
Step 3: Examine Network Connectivity
- Start the Run window.
- Then, enter CMD.
- Click OK.
- You can ping the server.
- You can also type ping_server.
- Hit Enter again.
- Follow the same steps for each system that is corrupted with an error.
- Repair the network if there are any issues
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks file doctor
- Visit the official website of Intuit.
- You will find the official download link to the QuickBooks tool hub.
- It is highly recommended that you download it.
- You can save the file you have downloaded to a location where it is easy to find.
- Launch the program to begin the installation process.
- After you have completed the agreement, you will need to accept the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done with the installation, simply open the tool hub. Navigate to the tab Company File Issues.
- Next, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- To select the company file, use the drop-down menu.
- You can browse the internet to find it if you are unable to locate it.
- You can also checkmark the box at the bottom of the file.
- Tap Continue
- Later, enter the password for QuickBooks admin.
- When prompted, hit next
- The scan will begin immediately.
- It shouldn’t take more than five minutes to scan corrupted QB files.
- Once you have identified the problem, it is only necessary to restart your system.
Solution 3: Verify QuickBooks Services
These steps will enable multi-user mode to be enabled when QuickBooks is fully installed.
- Start the server system.
- You can then access QuickBooks.
- Click File.
- Next, select Utilities.
- Next, select Host multi-user accessibility.
You will now need to verify that QBCFMonitorService is still active. Follow these steps to verify the status of QBCFMonitorService and QuickbooksDBXX.
- Run window.
- Register at services.msc right now
- You can also choose OK.
- You can choose QuickBooksDBXX later.
- You should set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Next, make sure that the Service status remains active.
- Navigate to the Recovery option.
- Click the button to confirm.
- For the first, second and subsequent failures, head towards the drop-down menus.
- Next, select Restart all services.
- Select Apply and click OK.
- It is recommended that you verify the status of QuickBooksDBXX before proceeding to QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 4: Go to Windows Host and Add Server
- You must close QuickBooks first.
- Now, navigate towards C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc or C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc on the server.
- Do a double-click next to the file.
- You can also choose the Notepad option.
- The user must then specify the following.
- Name of the computer and IP address
- Computer: Name of the computer and IP address of the server
- Instead of hitting the space key, hit the tab button to segregate.
- You can access the software only in multi-user mode.