Vtiger is a popular open-source CRM software helping millions of small-to-medium-sized businesses streamline their business operations like customer interactions, sales pipeline management, marketing automation, team management, etc. With extensive features to run email campaigns and generate detailed reports for analysis, it has proved to be the most beneficial yet affordable CRM solution for businesses.
Ubunto 20.04 on the other hand is one of the best and most satisfying versions of the Ubunto operating system based on Linux and empowering a large number of applications to run on it. With a secured server management and user-friendly interface, it is the choice of most people.
In this article, we will take you through the installation process of Vtiger on Ubuntu 20.04.
Table of Content:
- Hosting Vtiger on Ubuntu 20.04
Hosting Vtiger on Ubuntu 20.04:
Hosting Vtiger on Ubuntu would be the right option for your business as Ubuntu extends features to keep your Vtiger software secure. This Linux operating system is highly recommended due to its compatibility and performance with Vtiger. Moreover, we know that Vtiger is mostly used by small to medium business owners, choosing Ubuntu would be beneficial for them as it is a cost-effective yet reliable operating system.
To install Vtiger successfully you need to take the correct safety measures and training regarding Vtiger. Our team at VtigerDEV has expertise in this field and is looking forward to helping you install and set up Vtiger.
Before installing Vtiger on the Ubuntu operating system check for the following prerequisites for a safe installation.
- Ensure that you have a successfully running Ubuntu operating system on a server
- Create a non-root sudo access
Note: Installing a fresh operating system would help in a smooth Vtiger installation and prevents technical issues.
To install Vtiger on the Ubuntu system follow the following steps.
Install Lamp Server:
The first step is to install a Lamp server on your device.
- Update the system packages.
- Add PPA repository
- Install PHP 7.4
- Change the following values in the PHP configuration file
- memory_limit = 256M
- upload_max_filesize = 100M
- display_errors = On
Create a database for Vtiger
After successfully installing the LAMP server and setting up the PHP file. Create an MYSQL database specified for your Vtiger CRM software. For that follow the following steps.
- Login to MySQL database.
- Run a command to create a new database named Vtiger or simply follow the prompt.
- Create a new database user named Vtiger and set a password.
- Grant full access to the user for the database.
- Save the change and exit the shell.
You have created a database for your Vtiger.
Installing Vtiger CRM:
The third and most important step is to install Vtiger CRM on your device.
- Download the latest version of Vtiger software.
- Extract the file.
- Create an installation directory.
- Move the extracted folder to the installation directory created.
- Change ownership and access permission of the installation directory.
In this step, we will configure Apache2 for Vtiger.
- First, create an Apache host file.
- Now add the following code to the file:
Require all granted
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/vtigercrm_access.log combined
- Verify the syntax for the file.
- Change the Apache configuration directory.
- Disable the Apache default configuration file.
- Enable Vtiger CRM Apache configuration file.
- Enable Apache to rewrite mode.
- Restart apache
Access Vtiger Web interface:
The last step is to access the web interface for Vtiger CRM. This can be done by typing the following prompt on your web server http://Server_IP/.
The Vtiger CRM software is successfully installed on your system now. Now you can access the installation wizard screen and finish setting up the Vtiger CRM software for your business and start managing all your operations with an all-in-one software tool.
If you are still confused and want to learn more about Vtiger CRM contact VtigerDEV and avail the most reliable services.